Thursday, July 19, 2012

Girl Code

I've been thinking a lot about how girls treat each other.  Women treat each other.  Whatever.  And I've come to the conclusion that we've REALLY got to start trusting each other more.  I know the t-r-u-s-t word is awfully hard and I'll be the first to say that there are some real bitches out there.  But 99% of the other women in the world are NOT trying to get with your man. 

I've lost two male friends in the past six months because of lack of trust.  I just cannot begin to comprehend believing that a relationship will last if you decide you need to cut your significant other off from anyone of the opposite sex.  You will forever be wondering if he is sneaking off behind your back.  And the blunt truth - he probably will be.  Not necessarily cheating - but talking to those friends that you have forbid.  This is no way to have a relationship.  It's just not healthy. I've been there.  I've lived it.  It sucks.

I know that trust takes work.  But it shouldn't take cutting ties and destroying outside relationships.  If the trust isn't there....it just isn't.  And probably there is a reason it isn't there. You have to believe that you're the apple of his eye.  Believe it.  I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's easy.  Or I definitely won't say you won't get burned - I know I have been.  But it's just a matter of having a little faith.  Getting burned sucks.  But from experience I can say you learn a lot more about yourself and your own needs from getting burned than you do from being in an unstable, unhappy, and trust-less relationship.

We also have to trust each other.  Trust that that other girl has enough respect for you that she isn't going to try anything - ever.  Will there be the girls that will try things? Well, yeah.  And I'm not saying to be naive.  But don't live your relationship in fear. 

There are always going to be the women out there with bad intentions.  Hell - you find your boyfriend/fiance/husband attractive - be proud that other women do too.  Let them play the jealous card - not you. Just be proud of who you are.  Trust that he isn't going to cheat.  And if you can't trust that - move on.  A very smart friend of mine has told me time and time again that every wrong relationship is just one step closer to the right one.

But hell...what do I know? I'm single. ;)

<3



1 comment:

  1. Agreed! If you are going to cut off your significant others female friends, clearly something is wrong in that relationship. Trust your man and trust his female friends aren't trying to get with him.

    ReplyDelete